uses, and shares both information you provide to us and other information
we collect about you in the operation of our provision of services.
1. Collection of Information
When you access and browse the Site (including when you submit
personal information to us through data entry fields on the website)
we will collect the following from you:
Information you provide:
Contact information - we receive and store any information you enter on our Site. Our Site uses forms to collect your personal information including your name, address, telephone number, email address so you can place orders, request information, get support and use our services. Any data we collect is stored on DigitalOcean LLC infrastructure. Any data UptimeRobot collects is stored on UptimeRobot.com infrastructure.
Collected data may be stored or processed outside of the EEA by our contractors and suppliers.
Payments and billing information - when signing up for any of our Services, products, or programs, we request additional personal and payment information such as your name, credit card information, billing address, personal, government or TAX identification number or other information including but not limited to certificates, tax declarations, forms, payment documents and other relevant documents
Information we receive from your use of our services or third-parties:
Hosting Server - When you visit our website and use or subscribe to our Premium Services, you grant us full access to your hosting server in order to obtain such backups from you and for the provision of our services.
Automated information - when you visit our website we receive and collect information, which may in certain circumstances constitute personal information and which includes your IP address, referral URL, exit URL, browser software, operating system and date/time.
Website Analytics tools - We use analytics services by third parties to collect information about the use of this Site, such as number of visits, pages visited, popularity of certain content. Analytics tools use tracking technologies (like cookies) to recognize your device and compile information about you. They collect information such as what pages you visit and how much time you spend on these pages, what operating system and web browser you use, and what site you visited prior to visiting our website.
Information Logs - when you visit the Site, view content provided by us, use our services, use our Chat service, ask us a question, request technical assistance in regards to our services, send us an email or participate in a contest or survey on our website, we automatically collect and store certain information in log files. This includes your IP address, URL, referral URL, exit URL, browser software, operating system, date/time, requests type to our Site and error responses returned by our Site or Services.
Other information - we also receive and store any information that you provide on our Site, our Chat service, any forms on our site, email, telephone, or any other type of communication with our team or related to the provisioning of our services. Whenever you contact us, we will record the ticket, chat or call to ensure we have an accurate record of all communication, which is needed to provide our services and to support any action taken by our team as a result in the event of a dispute over our response.
Information we receive through the use of our software products (Sail CLI):
- Your site admin e-mail address, used for security alerts
- Your provisioned website/server IP address, used to point a .justsailed.io subdomain to your server
- Your IP address, used for statistics and preventing abuse
- Your Sail CLI software version number, used for compatibility checks and statistics
In addition to the above, our commercial features (Sail Premium) will collect:
- An SSH private key, used to gain full access to your provisioned website/server, used for backups, monitoring and health checks
- Additional e-mail addresses provided to the monitoring utility, used for alerts
- Phone numbers provided to the monitoring utility, used for alerts
- Site health data (software names and version numbers, resources usage statistics) collected my our health monitoring utility
- Daily and user-triggered full site archives created by our backups utility, stored on our storage services on DigitalOcean LLC infrastructure
2. How we utilize information
Information you provide. We collect, store and use the information you provide for the following reasons:
Contact information – to contact you regarding the progress of your orders, status of the services, functionality changes to our products and our Site, and - where you have opted in to receive such information - other/new services, and/or special offers/newsletters we think you might find useful, we use email, telephone, and/or text message, service interruptions or updates, service improvements or new products in accordance with our Terms of Service and applicable law.
Payment and billing information – we need it together with your contact details, to open a Client or an Affiliate account for you, to process your orders and renewals, to enter into a contractual agreement for any Services, to invoice you and to fulfill our legal obligations for tax calculations.
Information we receive from your use of our services or third-parties
We collect, store and use the information that we receive from your use of our services or third-parties for the following reasons:
Automated information – to administer our Site and services. This is not linked to any personally identifiable information, except if necessary to prevent fraud or abuse on our Site and systems.
Analytics tools – to improve services on our Site.
Information Logs – for diagnosing problems, administering our Site and resolving issues.
Other information - to maintain your account and purchased products, to have an accurate record of any inquiries in case of a dispute and to identify certain characteristics that could help us optimize and improve our products and services.
3. Purposes of data processing
When you access or use our Services, we need to collect, use, and otherwise process your information, as set out in this Policy. We are committed to your privacy and follow a few fundamental principles when we process personal data:
- We strive to collect only the minimum personal data that we need to deliver any Services to you.
- We aim for full transparency on how we use your information to comply with legal or other lawful purposes and respect your privacy.
- We make sure we only use your information for the purposes you have given us permission for.
We rely on a number of legal bases to use your information, as set out in this Policy:
- Contract – the use of your information is necessary to perform any contractual obligations in order to provide any Services to you or to administer any Contests you enter into;
- Legal obligations – our use of your personal information is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise or defend legal claims. For example, if we are requested to disclose your personal information to regulatory bodies or law enforcement authorities; or to use your personal information for tax calculations.
Our legitimate interests – necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, such as to:
- run, grow, develop and deliver our services;
- detect and prevent fraudulent activities;
- enhance the security of our network and information systems;
- better understand how people interact with our website;
- determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and advertising; and
- enhance, modify, personalize or otherwise improve our services and communications for the benefit of our customers.
- Consent – we rely on your consent for us to use your personal information to send you marketing information (such as our newsletters and promotional offers) by email, SMS, or telephone. You may withdraw your consent at any time by updating your personal Info/Settings in your user profile in our User Area, using our Unsubscribe option in relation to email subscriptions, or contacting us using the details set out in this Policy.
4. Cookies, beacons, tags, pixels
Our Site includes marketing cookies and remarketing pixel provided by third parties. That allows these parties to collect the information that you have visited our Site and were interested in certain offers. We also use beacons, tags, click tracking codes and scripts to analyze trends and movements of users around the Site, gather information about user base as a whole and how we can improve our service and Site, to provide advertising based upon activities and interests and to measure advertising effectiveness. As a result we may display targeted, or interest-based, offers to you based on the products you currently own or have recently viewed and deliver other communication more relevant to you and your interests outside of our Site, on other websites part of the third party's network.
You can manage your preferences regarding Cookies either by modifying your browser settings or using the designated pop-up tool on our website. In the ‘Cookie Settings’ pop-up on our Site you will find a list of all cookies within each category (required, statistics, marketing), or a list of vendors serving cookies and similar technologies and will be able to choose which types of cookies you would like our Site to use, if any.
You can also modify your Cookie preferences straight from your browser. Please note that if you simply disable all of our cookies or cookies in general in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections or features of our Site will not work, because your browser may prevent us from setting Site functionally required cookies.
5. How we share your personal information and who we share it with
All personal information collected by Sail is treated as confidential. We disclose entire or part of your data in the limited circumstances described below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- If we are required by law - we will disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other legitimate governmental request.
- Where the GDPR applies and we transfer Personal Data outside the EU/UK, we will ensure it is protected and transferred in a manner consistent with the requirements of the GDPR. This may include: (a) sending the Personal Data to a country approved by the European Commission; (b) ensuring the recipient has signed a contract based on “model contractual clauses” approved by the European Commission; or (c) if the recipient is in the U.S and item b above does not apply, ensuring he recipient is a certified member of the EU-US Privacy Shield system. If you desire further details on any of these manners of sharing your personal data, please contact us.
- To Protect Rights and Property - We will share account and personal information with companies, organizations or individuals when we believe in good-faith that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is necessary to meet any applicable law, comply with regulation, legal process or enforceable request; to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; to investigate potential violations; to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Sail, our users or the public as required or permitted by law. To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take all reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of legal process.
6. Security measures
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to encrypt the information you enter on our Site in order to protect its security during transmission to and from our Site. When storing information, we protect its security by encryption of critical data. When we process credit card information and payments, the credit card is subject to tokenization and strong security measures.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures require us in some cases to request proof of identity before disclosing personal information to you.
Although we take all these measures to maintain the safety and security of your personal information, please note that no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed to be secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot fully guarantee the security of any personal information that you transfer over the Internet to us.
7. Retention periods
Information collected on our website will only be retained for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. In general, we will automatically delete your User Area account information 2 years after you no longer have any active services with us. Since we offer a service for customers worldwide and we need to comply with regulations across the globe in regard to retention of personal information related to contractual agreements, provision of services, financial, billing, invoicing operations and tax calculations, a versioned copy of your contact, payment and billing personal data associated with your past invoices is stored for a period of 10 years after deactivating an account. Your personal data is deleted automatically by our systems in accordance with these retention periods.
8. Your Rights
With respect to any of your personal data governed by the GDPR (or where otherwise required by law), you have certain rights including:
- Access: With certain exceptions, you have the right to request a copy of personal data we may hold about you. The exceptions include situations where providing your personal data may expose personal data of another person and situations where we are legally prevented from providing the information.
- Rectification: Our goal is that any data, including personal data, that we keep is accurate. If you are aware that we have inaccurate personal data about you and you notify us, we will take reasonable steps to correct it.
- Objecting or restricting processing: Under certain situations, you may be entitled to object to our processing of your personal data or to request we restrict the manner in which we process it. If you would like to object or request restriction, please notify us.
- Portability: Under certain circumstances where you have provided personal data to us, you have the right to request that some of your personal data is provided to you in a structured, commonly used, computer-readable format. Or you may have the right to request we transmit your personal data to a third party in such a format.
- Withdraw of consent: If our legal basis for processing your personal is based solely on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent.
- Requirement to provide data: To know whether providing the personal data is required by a statute, a contract (or necessary to enter into a contract) and the consequences of failing to provide the personal data.
- Automated Decision Making: To know whether we use automated decision making with respect to your personal data. We don't.
- You may request to update or delete personal data through e-mail, which we hold about you and we will immediately delete it.
- Please understand that each of these rights is subject to certain conditions under which we may refuse to grant the right such as, in certain cases, where we are legally required to retain certain personal data. If we have basis to refuse your request, we will explain that basis to you.
9. Age Restrictions
In accordance with Sail Terms of Service, we do not sell products, provide services or collect information from any individual under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you are not allowed to use the Site and you must request your parent or guardian to use the Site instead. Should you have an evidence that someone under the age of 18 has bought services and provided their personal information to us, please contact us using the details set out below.
11. Further Questions and Contacts